You only get one skin…make sure you give it the best care with NeoGen.
FDA-cleared and clinically proven Nitrogen Plasma Technology that treats the whole skin architecture, regenerating the entire skin surface, with no untreated islands, to improve tightening, colour, texture and tone, as well as the removal of pre-cancerous skin lesions.
How it works
NeoGen uses medical-grade nitrogen gas to create pulses of Nitrogen Plasma. Each pulse is a mass of thermal energy that transfers heat directly to the targeted area, which immediately causes the tissue to contract and cause a thermal disruption of the elastin and stimulation of the fibroblasts, creating a wound healing affect. This means that the collagen then renews and the damaged dermis to begin to reduce and heal.
The procedure is non ablative, heating the skin to renew and regenerate the skin. By heating the skin in this way and creating this affect, the heated layer of epidermis becomes desiccated (dried out) and acts as a natural barrier to protect it from infection etc, as long as this happens in conjunction with the correct after treatment self-care. The natural barrier also encourages healing and eventually sheds, as well encouraging a more rapid recovery. The entire activity promotes collagen production, which in turn causes the skin to tighten, with a smoother and younger looking complexion. These effects will continue to develop for up to a year after the treatment. The process itself always regenerates and resurfaces the skin regardless of other skin conditions that are being treated.
Video credit to Dr Judy Todd
What does it treat?
- Eye region treatments
- Active acne
- Pore size reduction
- Scar revision
- Transdermal drug delivery
- Burns revision – scars
- Stretch marks
- Actinic keratosis
- Wrinkles – mild, moderate and severe
- Acne scarring
- Viral papillomata
- Non-facial wrinkle
- Superficial/pigmented lesions
- Seborrheic keratosis
What skin types can be treated?
NeoGen treatments are tailored to suit a patient’s specific needs and therefore can treat most skin types. A full consultation carried out by a qualified practitioner will determine a patient’s suitability for treatment.
Benefits of NeoGen
- Highly tolerable procedure
- Quick treatment time – can be done in a lunch hour!
- Large areas of skin covered in one treatment session
- Minimal downtime allowing you to carry on with everyday life
- Non-invasive – no puncture wounds, no ablations, charring or bleeding
- NeoGen Plasma treatment has the effect of thickening the skin, unlike laser, which thins it
- A safe and cost-effective alternative to surgical procedures
- One of the only systems to directly treat eyelids with effective results without surgery
- Stimulates the natural elements of the skin to encourage renewed and regenerated skin
- Multiple skin indications and concerns addressed in one treatment
- Improves skin anywhere on the body
What to expect
Following a full consultation, a treatment pathway will be planned including an outline of the number of treatment sessions required and duration between treatments. As a general guide, we recommend a course of three treatments 3-6 weeks apart. Additional treatments to reach specific goals can be discussed with your practitioner.
During low energy treatments, patients may feel a slight discomfort, but nothing of significance. After treatment, patients may feel the skin is warm and radiating a little heat, not dissimilar to the feeling of sunburn. For high energy treatments, a topical anaesthetic can be applied prior to treatment.
Some patients may experience pinkness of the skin post treatment and some flaking or peeling of the skin may occur.
The results of NeoGen are long-lasting and the improvements to the skin can continue to develop for up to 12 months.