Dermalux LED Phototherapy is a non-invasive treatment that accelerates the skin's natural rejuvenation and repair process.
How does Dermalux work?
Light exposure is often associated with negative effects such as skin ageing and damage, but light also has many positive effects on the body. Helping us to produce vitamin D, serotonin and providing energy. As well as encouraging cell growth and collagen rejuvenation.
Different types of light stimulate different responses, controlled levels of near-infrared, blue and red light are clinically proven to be beneficial to the skin whereas exposure to UV is very damaging.
LED’s help to provide the controlled light so will maximise it’s effects. Dermalux uses the highest quality LEDs, expertly aligned to deliver each wavelength at a specific, measured energy output, intensity and dose. This treatment also allows all three wavelengths to be used at the same time, meaning treatment times can be kept to a minimum!
- LED Red Increases hydration, evens skin-tone and texture, soothes redness and irritation and shrinks enlarged pores.
- LED Blue Powerful anti-bacterial treatment treats acne and blemishes, normalises oil production and prevents breakouts
- Near Infra-Red Anti-ageing treatment firms the skin, reduces pigmentation and relieves pain and inflammation
This is a pain free treatment and can be used on all skin types. The treatment is relaxing and lasts around 20 minutes. Your skin may feel warm during and after the treatment, and you may notice some redness but this will reduce quickly. Your practioner will advise on the best light combination and treatment course for your skin, but each treatment course required a minimum of 6 treatments over 6 weeks.
Pre/post Treatment Advice
There are no pre treatment guidelines, and post treatment you can continue with your normal skincare regime immediately. Results will be enhanced by using an evidence-based anti-ageing skincare regime recommended by your practioner. We also recommend using a high level broad spectrum UVB/UVA sun protectant to reduce the effects of photo ageing.
What results can I expect?
Dermalux using 3 different wavelengths of near-infrared, blue and red light which are all absorbed into the skin at different levels. This provides energy and stimulates a range of natural processes such as:
- Activating fibroblasts to improve skin structure
- Increase collagen and elastin production to make the skin firmer
- Speed up the skins healing and reduce inflammation
- Improve the appearance of spots and reduce acne causing bacteria